In need of ideas for daughters sleepover !

In a couple of weeks my 11 yr old daughter is having a sleepover with a few girls and I would love to get some ideas for them.

4mom247

Asked by 4mom247 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• are they girlie girls? You can always do manicures and pedicures. Watch love stories (age appropriate of corse) or scary movies.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• At this age I've found it works best to rent some movies, get some pizza and sweets and various snack food, give them some space where they can sprawl out, and leave them to their own devices (monitored from a distance at the least) It gives them time to gossip and just be little girls. I usually let them have run of the living room.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• They are girly girls.lol See we will be having my 11 yr olds sleepover on Friday and then my 13 yr olds B/Day party on Saturday and we were just googling ideas for a Fear Factor party.I want to have activities but I dont want to break the bank and so far the Fear Factor thing is pretty cheap.lol
    4mom247

Answer by 4mom247 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Let them do nails, movies, let them do party bags for the B-DAY party, order pizza,pop popcorn,the biggest problem, don't invade on them, I kept trying to offer my help, I had to learn the hard way,My daughter finally said,MOM PLEASE, WE ARE FINE !!!! I knew what that meant.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I like the movies and nails idea. Be sure to bring your camera so they can take pics all dressed up. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would get disposable cameras for each kid (cuz they are pretty cheap at the dollar store), some nail polish (check out eyeslipsface.com for polish thats only $1), rent movies, pop popcorn, have cheese snacks, plenty of juice(like capri sun), slice a cucumber and get a cheap face mask, some sponge curlers(super cheap at the dollar store!!!) and let them have at it! give them lots of space to stretch out and maybe have pizza or spaghetti and meatballs for dinner since its cheap and filling (not to mention fun!). I used to LOVE sleepovers!
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Ear plugs for the adults. LOL!!!!!!!! I serious, they get loud and screechy. Anyway, what about makeovers or someone to show the girls how to put makeup on so it looks natural. I like the camera idea.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would see if they were interested in doing a fashion show, my daughter had a sleepover for her eleventh birthday and we dug out all my clothes and her clothes and her friends brought some clothes and we put on a fashion show. They loved it. Make sure to have a camera because the results are hilarious.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 12:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• For dinner you could get individual pizza crusts (I use bagels) and have them make their own pizza. Just get tons of toppings and let them be creative. That way you each kid can make their own and no one feels out numbered because they don't want pepperoni and the other girls do. Plus they are super easy!
    mommyin08of09

Answer by mommyin08of09 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I did that for my 11 yr olds birthday this past December.I bought the pizza kits and all of the kids rolled out their pizzas,added the toppings and we had a ball !
    4mom247

Answer by 4mom247 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2009