You hear people say when it's your time to go it's your time.

My question is why do some people die so violently. I thought if it was your time it would be peaceful. Please let me know your opinion on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "It's your time" refers to the moment in time where your life ends. It is regardless of your manner of death. Some people do disagree with this which is why some (mostly the more violent or young) deaths are called "untimely."

I personally believe that we leave this earth when God plans for us to leave this earth, regardless of what kills us. It is unfortunate that people die at the hands of others, but we can't blame anyone other than the person that committed the murder. People choose to cause violence in other people's lives. Such is free-will.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• birth is not gentle.. why would death? Now why that is IDK, I am interested in what others think too.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It means that when God decides it's time for you to go, it's time. Yes, sometimes it is early or unexpected and that is because God gave us free will and some people use that free will to harm others.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• im with u
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I believe that "Time and unforeseen occurrences" befall many people or sickness or bad judgement  like someone driving drunk, I don't believe that God has a time-table and no matter what your doing you die.... if that's true then people could say God "Planned" abortions cuz it was their time to go.......

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• your time and the way are two different things.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• According to Sylvia Browne we all have more than one "exit point". In other words, more than one place that we COULD have died and didn't. An accident is like that. Some people survive with barely a scratch when, by all rights, they should have been dead. Others die, like Miranda Richardson, in accidents that should have been minor. Sylvia claims that the exit point is determined by the person's spirit before they leave the Other Side to be born. I think that this is just a dangerous place to live. Bad things happen, just as good things happen. The odds are, as they have always been, 50-50.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Sylvia Browne is a liar,and phony, and I wouldn't let her predict that I was gonna use the anon key on this post!
    Anonymous

• IMO (agnostic) and I have 2 answers for this question.
    1) Everything in the universe has a balance (light/dark, good/evil, right/wrong, etc) so in order to know what peace is (including in death) then we must also know what violence is. Therefore in universal balance, death must be carried out/happen in both ways and everything in between.

2) While the person who has passed violently may have suffered, it may have done something positive for those of us left behind. If we witness a violent death, we can benefit from that witness. If we see a car accident, maybe we think to drive more carefully. If we see a husband murdering a wife, maybe we teach our children to be kinder in a relationship. If we see a child suffering, maybe we become more grateful for our children's health and the other parent crusades for the health of other children.

Either way... Its a learning experiance for our souls.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well, Sylvia isn't the only psychic who has said that. But I gotta agree. The taloned-one still swears that there IS a god on the other side. In that, and other aspects, she's way off and more than a few bricks short of a full load.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2009