would you adopt a severly deformed (in the face) child?

tell the truth!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Adoption

• What would a person do if they gave birth to a deformed child? Give it back?
    Anonymous

• teamquinn--I regret to inform you that when some adoptive moms see your answer, they will tell you otherwise!
    Anonymous

• Honestly? Probably not.

That child would need lots of surgeries, and special medical care. I already have one special needs child (my own) I don't think I could deal with having another, especially one that I chose to have.

I pray that there are better people in the world that would take on that responsibility.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would if it was the right situation for our family.

Teamquinn as a mother of a child who I birthed and a child who was adopted the love I feel for my children is the exact same.

ameliasmama1026

Answer by ameliasmama1026 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yeah I most definatly would just because I would think that the child would have a difficult time with people accepting it so I would give it the love that I would think it would never get.
    LiLMaMa691

Answer by LiLMaMa691 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Guess teamquinns kids should be glad they arent adopted.
    Anonymous

• You are very right anon. I adopted not that long ago and i love my son to bits, equally to my sons that i have given birth to. Teamquinn you obviously have never been an adoptive mother and probably never will if you think adopting a child and giving birth to them are very different. Either way they are now my children and to me i will continue like things are normal etc. I just find it funny that you have never met anyone or realised celebraties who have adopted children love them differently then they're other children, you are very very wrong

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 2:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Honestly, it would not be my first choice. I think it takes someone with a great love and a huge heart to go directly for a deformed child in case of an adoption. Not saying that I would never, because if it came down to it, every child needs love, no matter what they look like. Some just need more love and attention, it all depends on if you're able to show that amount of love to a child who needs it.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

• I am nauseated. I can't believe that people will say that it wouldn't be their first choice or that biological love is automatic and imply that adoptive parents' love isn't. I have adopted 11 and have one biological. I love them all the same! If a child wouldn't be someone's "first choice" then they shouldn't adopt at all or parent at all most likely. Children aren't commodities! You don't just take what you can get, but instead you are blessed to parent at all not matter how they come. Our children have autism, MRDD, Down Syndrome, FAS, and even Reactive Attachment Disorder. They are all my FIRST CHOICE! I love each one of them before they ever arrive home (and they came older!) just as much as my bio child! I am just sickened that people act like adoption is a Buld a Bear Worshop!
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009