why such a stress on baby powder?

I hardly powder my son and he has never had a diaper rash. i use powder maybe once a week, if that.
he is 3 and a half. still in diapers, not training pants. why such a stress on baby powder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stress on baby powder? Didn't know there was. I only use powder during night time changes since he will be in those diapers longer.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• When my children were babies it was advised against using baby powder since the powder could get into their lungs. Perhaps the powder has been made differently now, but I still haven't heard that it should be used.

Answer by Bmat at 7:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I never heard a stress on baby powder. I also never used it, nor did I ever use a cream. My boys have each had ONE diaper rash not related to illness (diarrhea...not much of a way to totally prevent those)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• who is stressing it?
    docs say dont now a days
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I've never used it, I didn't think you were supposed to use it nowdays.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have to agree, my Doctor advised me not to use it. If they have a diaper rash, to use corn starch and vaseline instead. But otherwise, not to use it because its bad for their lungs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No stress here.
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• They recommend not using it because the baby can inhale it. If you are going to use it, you need to turn away from the baby, shake it into your hands, and then put it on the baby's butt or diaper. Shaking it directly on the baby or the diaper is too close to the baby.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I love baby powder i wish I could use it on my baby coming:(
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 9:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You shouldn't use talc baby powders. They can cause serious damage if inhaled. A lot of baby powders now are corn starch. These are okay for occassional use but should still be careful to not create a cloud around baby's head.
    dottieanna29

Answer by dottieanna29 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009