Am I experiencing an ectopic pregnancy?

My last period was jan 21st it is now mar 28th.
I confirmed I was pregnant 3 weeks ago!
I have had 2 utrasounds within the last 2 weeks and both could not detect ANYTHING in my uterus! The first lady said maybe its too early, so did the 2nd although she could of sworn she saw a bubble (i didnt) then went on to say my uterus was flipped!!! (weird)
I have a 3 year old son, had a wonderful preg & deliv no complications at all.
I have not been on birth control in years...... although around the time I htink I got preggo I had been taking morning after pill alot! (about 3 months before my last period) SO NOT WITH MY PREGNANCY NOW. phew! I also smoke so these increase your chance of ectopic. never had any miscarries or ectopic before. Im so scared i dont know what to do. Has anyone else been through this before? I know its serious and risky! I really want a baby! Do you think it just may be too early to show?
Thanks so much!!!

hailee_bage

Asked by hailee_bage at 7:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be to early to show up , did they do a transvaginal or regular if it was a tubal pregnancy odds are you would be having pain on one side .
    i hope it all turns out ok good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Early on in my pregnancy they thought it was ectopic as well. What you need is a series of blood tests that show if your HCG hormone is producing at teh rate its supposed to. Turns out my little magician was hiding behind a little bulge that my fuller bladder was pushing in to my uterus, yeah they found him after awhile. Don't panic yet. But if it ectopic you won't be able to carry the baby to term. Neither mother nor embryo can survive an ectopic pregnancy so the embryo has to be surgically removed. If you are a spiritual person I would encourage you to pray. I remember very vividly getting on me knees in the bathroom of my doctors office mid ultrasound (they had told me to go empty my bladder) and praying that whatever God's will is for this baby that it come to pass and that he give me strength no matter what the outcome. When I got back on the table they found him in a matter of seconds. You are in my prayers
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It may be too early to show because its only been 2 monthes since your last period and fertilization takes place about 2 weeks after that. Also ectopic pregnancies usually come with symptoms such as serious lower stomach pains, increased morning sickness, and back and shoulder pain(not sure why but the shoulder pain is a serious one). If your not having any of these symptoms I wouldnt worry too much but if your still worried I would ask your doctor if its possible and they can do an ultrasound of your falopian tubes which would show an ectopic pregnancy.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009