Kids eating eggs

I need some suggestions on getting kids to eat eggs. Rarely they will eat them with cheese in them. Well, my oldest will, with ketchup. My middle ones just won't. And now that DH is gone, the youngest won't (he would eat them off his plate). How do your kids eat them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• mine doesnt
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My wont eat them either. I'l be watching for others ideas also.
    mama32177

Answer by mama32177 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm lucky mine eat them, I try to have them once a week for supper because they are cheep and go along way. I try to have some already boiled and in the fridge for a quick snack. I boil them and eat them hot or cold, fry them, scramble them, make quiches, fritattas, egg salad sandwiches, pickled eggs.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Hard boiled. She eats them however I make them if she feels like it, but her favorite is hard boiled. She has her moments, I don't run a made-to-order kitchen, she gets what I make, I give her a choice before breakfast and sometimes before lunch but it's one or the other, not this I want _________ -- unless it's healthy and not inconvenient to make. There are certain foods that are ok go-to foods like fruit and veggies she can have if she doesn't want anything else. But if she asks for a cookie or pretzels, I say No. She may have this once in a while and at parties or such.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My oldest son learned to cook eggs at 3 years old--with me standing there of course! He cooked eggs almost every morning for at least 3 weeks:-) He loved it. Mine enjoyed food more if they helped make it. Today, he is now 22 and can cook pretty good:-) I also made "green eggs" for the Green Eggs and Ham book. They always liked their scrambled eggs colored.
    Anonymous

• Mine like it when I cook some diced ham in a skillet, then pour in eggs on top and scramble them then add cheese to it just before it gets done, like a breakfast scramble.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My stepsons both eat eggs scrambled or hard boiled. They're 6 and 4. I think it's important to season them properly, and that's where trouble can come from. Eggs NEED pepper, but my boys won't eat anything with black flecks in it, so I use a little red pepper sauce - maybe a dash or three for 6 eggs. Plus salt and dairy of some sort (half & half or sour cream for us).

My younger stepbaby will eat egg salad sammiches (just chopped hard boiled eggs, salt, pepper and mayo) and my older one will eat the whites off of hard boiled eggs (I give the yolks to my 11 month old son).
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Plain, no salt, no chesse. He's 2.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My son is almost 13 and has been eating eggs since he was about 1. Started out scrambled with cheese, salt and pepper. I added a bit of milk to the eggs and beat them before putting in the pan. Don't cook for too long, eggs are nasty dry. Then he went to over easy eggs with salt and pepper. He has learned to make his own. He tends to like them a bit runny. He went through a phase at about 3 where he ate fried eggs 3 times a day for a few weeks. You can try hard boiled, soft boiled or poached. I don't know if I would make them eat eggs if they didn't want them though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My sons like scrambled with cheese and my oldest son likes over medium. My daughter likes hard boiled egg whites, she gives the yolk to someone else (used to give them to the dog). It's not imperative that they eat them for health reasons, so just keep asking them to try them every few months. Kids tastes change on a constant basis.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2009