I feel SO confused and discouraged...

with all these posts about God and how he doesn't forgive us for all our sins or for when we fall away and then find him again we can never be saved again. Everyday im sure i sin. sometimes i get frustrated and yell at my husband or have little patience or even a bad attitude and sometimes i ask forgiveness and i find myself doing it AGAIN! Now i feel guilty when people on here say the lord doesn't forgive us for sins if we continue to do them or dont change right away. Nothing happens over night and im working on it but i feel i will never be perfect. These last few posts on once saved always saved and other things have got me so confused and discouraged, i love the lord but i know im a sinner and sometimes i fall away or do something i regret. Now i feel im no longer saved... can anyone make sense of this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We are human and will never be perfect, we all do the things you mentioned. Does that mean I will go to "HELL", well if thats the case I will not be lonely, alot will be joining me and heaven will be damn near empty...I can not answer your questions because that is something you will have to find to be true in your heart and mind. IMO, I do not believe everything in the bible nor do I believe in all the so called standards to get to heaven, beacuae if GOD is almighty and knowing, he already knew we could not live up to those, so he has sentenced us to "HELL" if you believe and take the bible to literal. I hope you find the answers that bring you peace, live your life the best way you can. Give yourself permission to not be perfect beacuse that is the ONE thing we can not do.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• God forgives seventy times seven aday.
    JustAnotherMama

Answer by JustAnotherMama at 8:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You can't lose your salvation. Everyone sins, everyone, even your pastor. Christians are not sinless; but when they do sin, and they confess their sins to God forgive them. That is why Jesus dies on the cross for us (John 3:16).

John 10:27-29 says..."My children hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• oops....I meant "and God forgives them." Sorry, my 2 year old was climbing all over me.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• awww hun
    we are ALL sinners repent and try is all you can do, and pray, and God wont leave you hanging
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• God does forgive SINS. But you have to work towards forgiveness.. however, there are sins that a person will do until they die. The only sin that god will never forgive is the sin of associating partners with him. meaning that you call another man GOD, or a tree or the sun or the moon . This is a grave sin. that won't ever be forgiven. When islam was revealed it came to instruct us on how to gain Gods pleasure and how to stay away from his wrath.. it also showed us that we are human and bound to sin but that we have something that can save us and that is God's mercy. Repenting means feeling guilt, asking for forgiveness and quitting the sin but the quitting part.is hard.and you are half way there.. just keep trying to quit. Think of this. Everyone has rights and if you want your right to be respected you have to respect others rights.. Ask God to help you with your issues.. HE WILL. but Worship the Creator of man NOT Man
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• willful and weakness are two different things..........Satan willfully sinned, Adam willfully sinned, there are people who sin in very bad ways but God knows if and when a person is truly repentant thats why we so many examples in the Bible of those who God forgave so we know that even if our hearts condemn us that God is greater then our hearts.1 John 3:20-22.
    Sin and error are the legacy all men have inherited from Adam. (Ro 5:12; Ps 51:5) But Jehovah, himself faultless, “well knows the formation of us, remembering that we are dust,” and is merciful. (Ps 103:13, 14)
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No one here on earth, except Jesus when he was here as a human, was , is or ever will be perfect.
    We strive to be. We do the best we can and pray for forgiveness when we know we've sinned. When you do your best and continue on the path, you are still in the light. When you consciously decide "Bump it. I"m gonna (insert sin here) that's when you are no longer in the light. OP, surround yourself with likeminded Christians and continue going to worship service where you will receive encouragement and fellowship. Continue praying and reading. God is not some horrible monster that wants to see you fail. He loves you and knows your heart. If you ever want to talk, feel free to pm me.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes, you are right in saying that we all sin. But if you have been born again, you now hate your sin and battle against it daily, this is dying to self. When we sin all we must do is repent and ask God to forgive us in Jesus' Name because He is our advocate, the One who pleads our case, who paid the price on our behalf, only if you have believed and turned from your old life of course. So, as a babe in Christ you are growing up, drinking milk at first then slowly moving on to more mature matters, the same example is evidenced in the natural world, so it is in the Spiritual. It is good that you are grieved over your sins and working to put them away, this is well pleasing to our Father in Heaven. However, you cannot work your way into His favor, only Jesus can do that for us by faith and obedience. So, you can rest in these verses and keep striving ahead...... IJohn 2:1~ John 14:16-27~ Blessings~

lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 9:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You believers find the funniest things to worry about. Face the fact that you are not perfect--in fact Jesus wasn't perfect either. He lost his temper, too. He killed an innocent fig tree because it didn't have figs on it out of season. He bickered with his disciples all the time because they didn't "get" what he was teaching. He snubbed the woman with the dying child because she was a gentile, so he was prejudice. If she had given up pleading with him, her daughter would have been dead thanks to Jesus and his elitism. You're no different. Do the best you can. If he wants to condemn you for being a human being, why would you want to be in the same place with him? You godslaves sure don't seem to be very secure considering you supposedly have an all-powerful deity on your side.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009