Caffeine Overdose

I accidentally took too many Excedrin migraine. and that has caffeine in it obviously. i've been so jittery all damn day. and everytime i stand up i get really dizzy and feel like i'm going to pass out. i'm just wondering if anyone else has delt with this....? I took it about noon, it's now 7 30. i would have imagined it would be gone. does anyone know how to speed this crap up and/or make it go away?

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 8:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Health

• call poison controll, they will have the answers
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yeah i would call poisin controll too. It's not like you just od'd on caffein, there are other things in it too. That sounds serious if it is still going on though.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• excedrin migraine stays in your system for 24 hours i would call poison control or an on call doctor an overdose of caffeine can actually cayse a heart attack
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't be as worried about the caffeine as the other indigridents in the medication. How many did you actually take? If it was less than six, I'm fairly sure you will be fine. If it's more than six, I would call the poison control center just to make sure. It has already been hours, so I think that if anything serious was going to happen, it would already have happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i take excedrin tension headache a lot. it really doesn't have all that much caffeine in it. not as much as a cup of coffee i dont think. so how many pills did you take??
    drink a lot of water to help flush your system, then pee as much of it out as you can...

codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2009