piercings??

im 7 months pregnant and i really have an urge to get re-pierced....would i be kinda fuc*** up if i did it again???or should i wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what are you trying to get re pierced? if its your belly or down below your belly you should wait anything else have fun...
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I suggest wait, for 2 reasons. 1) Why risk infection when you are pregnant. and 2) if you end up needing a c-section for some reason you have to take all of your piercings out, I had to take out my nipple ring which didn't bother me because I was going to anyway, but if you just got something pierced it might be annoying to have to remove it.
    Anonymous

• You gotta take all your piercings out regardless of c-sect or vaginal delivery. Why get something re-pierced when ur gonna have to take it out in a few months neways
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• that's crap, you dont have to take all your piercings out when you go into labor.. i had 2 piercings in each ear and one in my lip and didn't have to take them out.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Piercings are dangerous during pregnancy because you are very prone to infection. My doctor told me piercings and tattoos are both big no nos during pregnancy, but as soon as the baby is out go for it!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would suggest waiting until after baby gets here to get pierced again... JMO. I kept my belly button ring in for my whole pregnancy - it looked funny b/c it's the bottom part of my belly button that was pierced - but I used a flexible bar since my belly stretched so much... I had to take it out at some point during labor... my hospital made me remove ALL JEWELRY (rings/necklace/piercings...) during labor.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i had my lip pierced and when i went in to have my daughter, they made me take it out. i have a few piercings now and my doctor insists they'll have to come out too and none of them are below the waist or anything.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009