NOT FEELING WELL

i am 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant, lastnight around 10pm or 11pm just out of the blue felt sick to my stomach, so i went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet thinking i had to poop and i just started gagging and throwing up for 2 hours straight , finally when i stopped i brushed teeth and hit the mouthwash then i laid down in bed, i eventually went to sleep after 4am and today i can't eat cause everything comes back up and when i drink stuff like water or ginger ale (just sipping) that comes back up, my baby has been as active as he usually is, i havent been to the hospital but i did call my doctor and let him know what was going on, he advised me to just relax and get some rest, eat crackers and sip on fluids cause it may be just a stomach virus since there are other kids in my house who were recently sick, my question is does anyone else know of anything i may do to try to feel a bit better till monday b4 i see my doctor?

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://www.threelollies.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=32
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• sounds like the doctor was correct hun. Just relax as best as you can, what helped my upset tummy was to sip very little coca cola. LITTLE cause too much can hurt the baby just like any other over caffeinated beverage. That and crackers did wonders for me. I also did good with fruit I always kept it down over everything else
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• There really isn't much you can do when you are puking except try to sip on fluids.. and maybe have a Popsicle. But you have a virus in ur stomach that your body is trying to get out. Hence the puking and you will keep puking until it's all out. The last time I was sick *Nov* I was worried I was going to dehydrate and I called a nurse line.. the nurse told me if you have not puked for an hour to try to drink something. Good luck
    CandBmommy

Answer by CandBmommy at 9:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2009