What does the Easter bunny bring your children?

I say every year that I am not going to overdue and I always do! Am I the only parent that goes way overboard for Easter? We spent a couple hundred dollars last year!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• no we dont go over board a little candy and a toy for the baby
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• thats crazy! I got my 6 month old two board books, one that is the easter story about why we celebrate easter and the other talks about how its fun to have the easter bunny and egg hunts and stuff for easter as long as we remember what the reason for the season is. They are cute books, but in my family Easter was always more about Jesus and less about candy and the easter bunny and thats how I intend to raise my child, although we did go a little crazy for Christmas
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• holy cow 100 dollars???? that is a lot. This year, now that the kids are old enough, the Easter bunny is bringing two new spring out fits and some candy to each of the kids. Maybe a couple little summer toys too.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• oo i thought i over did it....... a couple hundred, thats wayyyyyyy too much
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• They never play with the stuff that I put in their baskets so I definitely won't be going overboard.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My son is getting two Star Wars Lego sets. Several eggs filled with candy. The Star Wars Lego game for the Wii. He is giving to the children at the women's shelter a Wii and several games, 25 board games, boxes of clothes and food. He helped organize and get the items. At 6 he convinced the Target manager to donate the Wii and the games. He deserves a treat for Easter.
    Anonymous

• For me all holidays are a reason to give to my kids...not tooo much candy,but other things in there basket a new book a toy a doll toothbrush...nailpolish..toys toys toys i make incredible easter baskets....wayyy better than the store ones....who cares i spoil my kids...u only live once....
    Anonymous

• The Easter Bunny doesn't bring anything, since he isn't real. We spend maybe $30....maybe. But my mom also gets DD something good. We do spoil DD a bit more than her older half bro because he gets a lot from his mom.
    Anonymous

• The "Easter Bunny" doesn't visit us. My kids know the Christian's reason for celebrating the holiday. I think we only spend about $20 TOTAL on the 3 kids. They're spoiled as it is! I cannot imagine spending $100 on Easter...that's obsurd!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• A few holiday themed candies and some small gifts depending on what each girl likes. My 3 daughters are teens and an adult now so they do not get much. It is, however, my granddaughter's first Easter so she is getting a special basket filled with age appropriate videos and toys, her first Bible, a silver bracelet with a cross dangle, and a book about Easter. I stuck a chocolate bunny in there, too, even though she is only 2 months old...lol...her mom can "help" her eat it.
    They all get new dresses and shoes and we go to church for Easter's blessings and to thank Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins and arising to show us the Glory of God and His goodness.
    God bless! ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009