Do you think you have to go to church to be a Christian?

I do not go to church but feel like I live my life right and will go to heaven! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont believe that you have to go to church to be a christian! my BF and I are firm belivers in the lord and we do not attend church! i think as long as you worship god in your own way it doesnt matter!
    KimberlyAnn85

Answer by KimberlyAnn85 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No why would you?? I suppose if you wanna socialize with like minded individuals then you should go, but there's nothing they do there you can't do at home.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I go according to God's word: Hebrews 10:24, 25 says: we are not to forsake the gathering of ourselves together.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• A church is a place of worship, that being said, one can worship anywhere. So no, I do not think you need to attend church to be a Christian. To be honest some of the "biggest hyprocrites" are the ones that are actively involved in the church. Look at all those priests that molested the boys for years.... (yes I know they are Catholic...)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i'll give you what islam says... about worshipping GOD in a place of worship.

it says that every man is obligated to pray in congregation at the mosque. if he prays at other places, his prayer is accepted but he gains sin for missing the congregational prayer in the mosque.

and every woman can pray in the comfort of her home but if she wishes to pray in the mosque she can but it is more rewarded for her to pray at home.

so when my husband doesn't make it to the mosque and he prays at home he is in sin.. but when i pray at home i am not sinning and when i pray in the mosque i am not sinning.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• God's people are HIs temple and the opposite is true. Christians are called out of the world's way of "worshipping" the god of their imagination and worship Him in Spirit and Truth. This happens by simply obeying Him, laying down our own lives,carrying HIs cross and loving our neighbor. And if you do that you'll naturally fellowship with one another in the context of family not in some building made by the hands of man which idea was straight out of the mind of the Romans. And no you cannot worship God in the way you want to, only He dictates that, not sinful men. Peter was stoned to death for insisting this exact fact, stoned by the same sort of "religious people" that think they can worship God by their vain ideas and imaginations today, There is truly nothing new under the sun!
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 9:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• OP, you're a good, just do you, kwim? If you're ok with it, I'm ok with it!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I meant "you're good" not "a good" silly me

happy

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• With all types of religions I would rather just stay home at worship our Lord God any where and at my timing. He knows our heart and our intentions. I know church goers would like for other people to go to church to learn more about God which is ok I just don't care to be social in that way. If my kids say they want to go to Sunday school sure I would take them but as they get older they can decide as well if they want to go or not as long as they believe in God and live a good life. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Going to church will no more make you a Christian, than hanging out in a garage will make you a car.

But if you really are a Christian, you will want to go and worship, hear the word of God, and hang out with other believers. If you don't want to go to church, you might want to pray about whether or not you are really a Christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2009