Any ideas on how to get a hubby to help clean more or at least be responsible for his own messes?

I am so effin sick of dirty dishes under the couch and opening a closet just to have every thing fall on me. My god I don't have any teens wtf.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO goes into those manic sprees where he cleans everything spotless and then doesn't lift a pinky for the next month or two. It drives me insane! I usually just wash everything I use and let his things pile up. I'll dump his dirty laundry where he sleeps or sits. When I cook, I make enough for myself, and feed the baby. Nothing for him. And I make him sleep on the couch. After awhile, he started helping out more. But I still have to tell him to do a certain chore or he'll never do it. I no longer ask. I tell him. If he's going to act like a child and not be a much of a help, I will treat him like a child.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Talk to him about it and tell him how its making you feel. Tell him all of this with using a normal tone of voice no matter how angry you are. Tell him you are not going to clean after him because you want him to be responsible for his mess. If that doesn't work, tell him no sex till he learns to clean after himself that should do the trick LOL
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have asked and asked until i'm blue in the face. I always feel like I always have to do everything around here. I finally let the dishes pile up. I would wash what I needed to make dinner and the plates for my son and I and made my husband wash his own. LMAO like 2 days of that and he started helping out around the house! OH and I stopped doing his laundry. And he didnt wanna wear dirty underwear so he started washing his clothes to help out!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I told my hubby one day I will be responsible for this, this and this...but I need you to do A, B, and C. Things have been working for us since that conversation.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• If you find the cure to that Let me Know I have to threaten to leave my hubby because im so fed up then for a while he starts being more clean because our relationship is more important but after a couple of days its back to the same .I really think SLOB should be a mental condition lol
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You are climbing the same nountain that I have been for a long time!! Just take adeep breath, nothing will change, just keep your cool, its all wasted energy getting mad about it!!!! He loves you, But the house would be a disater if you weren't in it!! Feel good about your contributions, You should, but trust me INSTINCT isnt something you can buy!! Guys just wanna be taken care of, we start out the relationship trying to show how great we can take care of them... thats a selling point we do, whether we know it or not! He loves you and its something we are moody about.... Do you agree? When your in a good mood, it doesnt bother you, but if your pissed off...WATCH OUT!!! I live it I know!! Waste of breath, but you love him too, and that is part of it!!! Good luck!!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2009