Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it safe to postpone labor?

I've been going into labor for 3 days now and a friend told me you can slow cotractions by taking warm baths if your water hasn't broke. So I have I'm trying to get my home ready for my little one and the hubby isn't helping, but can my efforts and making my home good for the baby hurt him?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • Have you been to L&D to get yourself checked? If it's been 3 days with no check-up, I would definitely go in. You could be leaking water and not even know it. There is a point where you will get an infection after not delivering (if your water has already broke). But if you're just having contractions and nothing else, go to the ER and get the pill that puts off contractions until you're ready. Good luck!

    Answer by srhmldndo at 11:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • If you are in serious labor, there's going to be nothing you can do to stop it.

    Answer by mamaada at 9:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Nope, just don't over do it! rest when you need to and be careful you don't slip and fall and all that.

    Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • when it's time to go you will know. relax and get your last minutes down and call when youre 5 min apart

    Answer by ssnelson26 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • See that's the thing I've been 5mins apart twice now but no water broke. Then they went back to 15-20mins apart after I took a bath. Now I have a serious agonizing pain down there and it's swallon badly and my back and leg are killing me.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • I am 34weeks preg and I have been contracting on and off for a few weeks ....but i think when you go into actual labor you will most def know! The only thing you can do is stay off your feet relax...stay away from spicy food and drink plenty of fluids

    Answer by expectingnumb1 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Thank you unfortunately they wont give me the pills. They say it could stop labor and at this point they just think it's best to let it go. I went into early labor once. They said there were signs of active labor from with in the last few days, but that I'm not dialated enough to move to labor and delivery. No water broke so I'm good. They also said no more baths and to let labor take it's course. I'm 3 cm and 50% effaced. My biggest problem is I'm having back labor and can't tell wat's a contraction and what's not unless they are real intense so they think I might be missing some.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009