I am judgmental and I don't mean to be. I feel I've been like this all my life. I don't want to be this way. How do I change this?

Let me just add that I'm a loving, affectionate and compassionate woman. I have no idea where this came from. I believe in God and the Trinity, so I know judging is sinful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would surround myself with less than perfect situations and work on helping the person instead of judging them

I am very judgemental myself and battle it everyday. I find that even though I do judge, I do what I can in my power to help/guide so that way I am contributing to helping the person better themselves rather then just stand in the back ground and look down upon them.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• James 1:25 says it best.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I agree with you, completely and I definitely try to help. I'm even judgmental towards myself, so I'm not bias. Thank you for giving good advice :) It helps a lot.
    Anonymous

• well keep in mind JESUS does the judging.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The disciple James used the mirror as figurative of God’s word when urging persons to become, not just hearers of the word, but doers of it, James said: “But he who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in it, this man, because he has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing it.” (James 1:25)
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I respect your beliefs but if you really read the bible there is no such thing as the trinity. There is only one God who is the father of all. But anyways, about being judgemental; just get to know the person first before trying to make any opinion about them. Only God has the right to judge, but you can make an opinion about someone.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• How about surrounding yourself with all kinds of people. Not just people like you but people who have different beliefs. People that have different life styles. Just get to know them and put your greivances on the back burner. Eventually you will work through it and realize that good people come from all walks of life. Hey you have made a huge step by wanting to not be so judgemental. Good for you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you.
    Anonymous

• youngmom3525, I was referring to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
    Anonymous

• It comes from the Devil. you have to fight the urges to be judgemental. but the fight is with the devil. Stop and think before you act. I have the same issues sometimes.
    Anonymous