have any moms threw a party for there kids,only for alot of guest to show up empty handed????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes and I think it is so rude for an adult to show up to a kids party and eat the food you have and dont bring a present. I mean, what are they thinking anyways? My brother does it all the time.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yeah! I think maybe it's just a new trend or something. I would never let my kids go to a birthday party without a gift!
    Anonymous

• me either how annoying right.....yes i have a huge family and they just come to eat they truly dont bring no gifts.... i hate that shiettttt
    Anonymous

• wow, that's so trashy. Really?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't think it's right to show up at a birthday party with out a present as in I would never do it.But I have also told people to not worry about bringing a gift because it's more about celebrating the child's birthday than "give my kid stuff". So I wouldn't do it but also would not be upset if someone else did. I would rather have a family member or friend be at the party than stay home because they couldn't bring a gift.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No, our friends and family always make our children's birthdays wonderful. I would never send my kids to a party without a gift either.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yep. We ask guest donate to the womens shelter. My son has 14 aunts and uncles and so much family that buy for him he will have 30 gifts on his birthday from just them. So we make sure the kids who come to his kid party know a gift is not needed and they should just come and have fun. My son picks the charity and it was his idea three years ago when it took him nearly 2 hours to open all his birthday presents. About 35 kids show up plus family so it was a bit ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2009