What is the lifespan of an opened bottle of red wine?

I opened a bottle of wine about 5 days or so ago and corked it and put it back in the fridge. I was hoping to have a nice glass tonight but was wondering if or how long wine is good for after it has been opened, corked and refridgerated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think it makes a difference on how you stored it. Like, if it was on the fridge door, it might be good for a week. Otherwise, I'd use it the next day.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It should still be good, try it and see. Be sure to let it warm up to room temp so you can get the whole taste of it.

Answer by Bmat at 10:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• 4 days, on a rotation in and out of the fridge(restaurants do this to serve it at the proper temperature. You should be ok if it was in the fridge. decant your glass and leave it for at least an hour. Take a big sniff- if you smell vinegar you are out of luck.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009