How would this make you feel?

The other day I had an app. with my gyno but then I saw my gyno from before and he is male the one I have now is a female and the only reason I switched was bc of my dh he felt that now that I am done with babies I didn't need a male doctor anymore :( I really like him and did not want to switch but I did I did not want to argue. Anyway while I was waiting for her to come and check me, He (the doctor) knocks and come in...I was surprised to see him but at the same time happy to see him he was so good to us through our pregnncies. I guess he remembered me and said hello how was I and it was nice seeing me again and that was it. But I felt bad bc I never told him why I switched, I hope he doesn't think he did something wrong.
I just felt terrible inside. I did want to say to much bc sometimes you can sound so stupid for opening your mouth. Anyway I just left it alone.
What do you make of this?...Probably nothing it's just me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Health

• You know I think an even bigger problem could be that your DH is so controlling that he can tell you to switch from a doctor that your comfortable with and you would have to listen. You may want to consider talking to him about that.

I mean why would your DH even be involved in a decision like that hun? And what's going on that it would have been an argument?

I'm not saying this to be mean, it's just that I've been there and done that.
    dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 10:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Why was the male dr ok for delivering babies, but not now? Sorry, I just don't understand that part.
    Anonymous

• I loved my male ob but sadly he's gone
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would not have switched if the male gyno was doing his job and you liked him. Why is your husband making that decision for you? It is your body not his. Sounds like he is a bit controlling. There would be a huge argument with ME winning, I wouldn't switch a doctor that I was comfortable with and that I trusted because someone else told me to. He was good enough to deliver your children but why isn't he now?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2009