How often do you read the Bible? Have you read it entirely through?

SugaB28

Asked by SugaB28 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't read mine much. Just sometimes when I'm looking for guidance. But, I've always said i'd like to read it all the way through. How long would that take??
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I believe a year.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have read it entirely through a few times in fact. I will say, however, that I get lost in the "begats." LOL

I read my Bible everyday a couple of times a day. I have a Bible study every morning. And the kids and I read Bible stories during Bible class for school and in the evenings for family worship.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I really need to do that as well. You're a great example. Thanks for sharing :)
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• we do weekly Bible reading so we go through it in over a years time. Like this weeks is Genesis Chapters 47-50.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't even know where my Bible is...probably packed in a box in the basement. I haven't touched it since I finished high school (14 years ago). I did try to read it all the way through once. I didn't get very far. It just didn't make much sense and made my head hurt trying to decipher it. I read all the main stories, though, thanks to 13 years of Catholic schooling.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• There are quite a few different ways of reading through the Bible. I started by doing a very simple 6 month overview. A little from here and a little from there. Then I did the Bible in 1 year (averages out to be about 3 chapters a day). Then I did a Bible in 3 years plan which allowed more time for reflection. I am doing another Bible in a year right now which is some Old Testament and some New Testament every day (Old Testament in the morning and New Testament in the evening).

Prayer, patience, practice and commitment (I used to have a problem committing to something every day but now it is second nature to wake early, do my reading and study and reflection, and then start my day!).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Oops! I need an edit button. LOL If you are interested try a google search of "Bible in a year" or something. Here are a couple that I found (I haven't tried these, my church is doing the Bible in a year that I am doing now and I found the others in my Study Bible):

http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/

http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

http://bible.christianity.com/readingplan/

Wow. There are a lot of results for "Bible in a year" on google.

momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• thank you momof3intn!
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I try to read it every day, lately that has not been happening,..:( but another thing we do in our family is put different scriptures on an index card and punch a hole on the corner of the card and keep all our cards on a ring. Then we keep our cards with us so when we have down time, in the car, waiting rooms, etc. we can review them. We really believe in meditating on Gods word all the time, Look at Joshua 1:8.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009