How longer after you missed a period did you get a postive test result?

i was 5 days late this month, and the period was about 2 days, not as heavy as usual either. now i am not feeling so hot. i am nauseated, headaches, and have a lower back ache, and cramping in my stomach. i just took a test and it was negative :0( do you think it is too early still?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just got a positive and it was 3 days before my next period! The best advice is to test 14 days after the day you think you ovulated. If you don't know when that was test withing 1-2 days after you should have received your period. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Well, I think I was around 2 weeks late when I first took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. Every woman is different and some may take longer or shorter for a pregnancy test to detect pregnancy if they are pregnant. My friend is 2 weeks late and has taken 2 pregnancy tests and both has come out negative, but shes never had her period this late so its weird. Just remember, a false negative is way more common than a false positive.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i have had a false negative a few years ago when i was trying to concieve my daughter. i am hoping that is the case again!
    Anonymous

• i was three hrs past my usual time and got a positive ... however i did get a false negative with my son and i was alreadt three mos pregnant lol. Do spring for a good test though ... it makes a difference. Or get a blood test at the local health dept ... usually free. Good luck :)
    LALI86

Answer by LALI86 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• 1 month or 2... XD

i had a friend (a virgin) who didn't have a period for 9 months O__o.. but that was cuz of stress.
    Anonymous

• I got a positive result on the second day of my missed period. Its different for each woman.
    NotVeryClever

Answer by NotVeryClever at 2:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i never got a positive on a home pregnancy test.
    no matter how far along i was.
    jus never showed up on mine.
    no idea why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• 4 days. mine is always on time every month. couple days after i was always hungry but not sick. i would be fine one minute and starving the next.
    Sh3G0tH3rOwn

Answer by Sh3G0tH3rOwn at 11:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I got a cheap test from the dollar store and it gave me a positive the day I was supposed to get my period.
    hnfields

Answer by hnfields at 2:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i am going to test in the a.m to see what it says. last night it was negative :0(
    Anonymous