Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To call the cops or not to call the cops.

So i'm pretty sure I just heard my neighbor get raped by her boyfriend. Our walls are paper thin and I usually hear things that go on, like fights and them having sex. She was saying things like "stop" and "your scaring the baby" and " just let me put the baby to bed". I don't want this to happen to her, even though I don't like her at all, so I feel obligated to do something. The only problem is, I'm the ONLY neighbor she has and they would know it was me. And I'm scared of retaliation on their part, if in fact he didn't do anything. All these apartments are the same, and the windows don't have locks on them so it would be easy for them to do something .I am thankfully moving out in May, but I'm sure they would make it hell until then. I feel like I have to watch out for my own kid, but on the other hand Idon't want their baby to be in any trouble. What would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (16)
  • Maybe you should call the cops but not the emergency 911 number.

    Answer by youngmom3525 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • mind ur buisness please....u dont need anyproblems in your life right?????y invite...stay out of it mommy.....

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Maybe they were just wrestling? I'd stay out of it.

    Answer by mamaada at 10:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • call the cops. put yourself in her shoes...

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • If my kid, who's room is directly behind the room of theirs this is going on in, has to hear this at night, I do think it's my business.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • They weren't wrestiling. Her voice was different, like she was crying or something.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • I would call the cops,you may end up saving her life.what if it was reversed? and you were her

    Answer by Val504 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Do it before yaou loose your nerve, do it for her and the kid. This may be the help she needs to get out. And your chance to really make a difference. If you are wrong you are wrong, but if you dont call you will never know.

    Answer by AK_aries at 10:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Or call CPS, it's very unlikely that when the cops come to the door she's going to say that he was raping her unfortunately. But if he's raping her in front of the baby........... that's just beyond sick.


    Answer by dreyamom at 10:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • do it

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.