Why do guys leave you after your 3 months pregnant?

I am now 20 weeks pregnant. The father of the baby had been talking about working things out for the last 2 weeks and as of friday he has a gf. This is his 3rd child and im wondering if he will come back and work things out or not. what should i do? i love him,but im not going to chase him. thursday night he was telling he loves me. now i have left him alone and have heard nothing from him. he said he would to keep me as a friend. any advice would be great.

bstroop2009

Asked by bstroop2009 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Focus on yourself and your child. Forget about him in all aspects other than the baby.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Sorry to say, but this man sounds like a fake. Remember, actions speak louder than words. If this is his third child and he's out with another gf then damn, theres really something wrong with this man.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Is his intiails JLC? sounds like my older son dad!!!
    Anonymous

• My husbadn said it was too much pressure, and went to prison because he was "too stressed out" and had to do meth and steal stuff. FIND YOURSELF A MAN, NOT A CHILD!!! Take care of your baby, you dont need anyone. Be strong :)
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• by the way, that was my ex, not the man im with now
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My bf left me when my baby was 2 months old...
    Anonymous

• Maybe it is the men you are dating. If he has a couple of other kids with women he is no longer with, this should be a good sign that he does not stay around when things get complicated. Focus on your life, and your childs - and be choosy with whom you date, and how fast things become intimate. There are some great men out there, but you have to be selective - your child will be watching your own choices, and you must remember what you do now will mold your child into what choices they will make later on.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 6:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I agree with Mama Diane I don't understand why the women don't ask more questions, and follow the clues. If he has 2 children with 2 other women and the babies are close to same age and he doesn't have anything to do with the children or support them in any way... odds are he doesn't use protection often enough, and he doesn't stick around, and he's just not good boyfriend or husband material.
    They leave because you're pregnant, you're not as fun, your eyes are more open now and you're starting to feel bad for the other mama's if you have a heart, knowing he left them at a very hard time in their lives (would scare me silly to be single and pregnant).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009