Are atheist scared of God?

Why would one choose to be athiest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, atheist are not afraid of God right now. They will be on the last day though.
    Anonymous

• Uh, no, because atheist don't believe in a higher power. Can't be afraid of something you don't believe in. That would be like asking someone if they were afraid Santa wouldn't bring them gifts if they didn't believe in him (I'm talking people old enough to understand Santa isn't real). You wouldn't be afraid of that because you don't believe Santa is real.
    I don't choose to be an atheist. I just am because the concept of a higher being/creator makes absolutely no logical sense to me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Isn't this a fine example of an oxymoron

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No, you cannot be afraid of something that you believe is nonexistent. That wouldn't make any sense.

For example, I am not afraid of the devil/satan because I don't believe there is any such thing. No doubt in my mind so I cannot be scared, period.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• How in the world can someone fear a being they do not believe to exist? That's like asking me if I'm scared of the boogey monster...obviously not because I don't believe it exists.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yeah but I sure got scared watch Aliens the first time!!! LOL and I don't believe in them!!!
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I agree with anonymous at 9:19. They might not be afraid now but when judgement day comes...They will believe.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Why Butterfly because it says so in the bible? You are agruing points with people who do NOT hold any merit in the bible nor christianity. This point is moot.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have found most atheists are mad or upset with God because He didn't do something for them that they asked Him to do, or because someone they love died and they decided to hate God and punish Him by rejecting His existence. I have read comments from some on CM who profess to be atheists, yet they say the most hateful things about God and even call Him names.(Doesn't make sense to me for someone to curse someone that  "doesn't exist" ) People cannot fully deny God, we are born with an internal knowledge and longing for Him. Some people just choose to be in denial.

Anonymous

• Judgement day is never coming so...I guess they never will :P
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009