Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reduced Sugar cake

Ok so a while back I accidentally bought Reduced Sugar Cake mix and was wondering if it would be nasty. I'm really in the mood for a cake but this is all I have or is there a way to make it taste good please help

Answer Question

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 10:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

Level 2 (13 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Use applesauce in place of the oil. Add Hershey syrup or chopped candybars. Milk chocolate chips or chunks.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • Yes I agree, use applesauce instead of oil, I do this with all my baking, and add chocolate chips to the mix. It will be just fine.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 12:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • It really doesn't taste much different from the regular mix, if you ask me. You can add things to change it up....sometimes I use orange juice in place of the water, and grate orange zest into it. Other times I use coffee and add dark chocolate chips. Or you can just make it and add some vanilla or almond extract and a yummy icing.

    Answer by jespeach at 1:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.