Reduced Sugar cake

Ok so a while back I accidentally bought Reduced Sugar Cake mix and was wondering if it would be nasty. I'm really in the mood for a cake but this is all I have or is there a way to make it taste good please help

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 10:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Use applesauce in place of the oil. Add Hershey syrup or chopped candybars. Milk chocolate chips or chunks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes I agree, use applesauce instead of oil, I do this with all my baking, and add chocolate chips to the mix. It will be just fine.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It really doesn't taste much different from the regular mix, if you ask me. You can add things to change it up....sometimes I use orange juice in place of the water, and grate orange zest into it. Other times I use coffee and add dark chocolate chips. Or you can just make it and add some vanilla or almond extract and a yummy icing.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2009