craigs list

My husband and I ran across a post on craigslist.com of a mom in need of diapers and shampoo. It seemed legit so while at wal mart today we went ahead and bought a box of diapers, shampoo, and conditioner. We sent an email to the "reply to" address on the top of the craigs list screen but we are unsure if that is how it works. Will she get our email?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, that's how it works. She should get it and if she chooses to reply, you'll get a reply, but it may not be from that same address, so check your messages carefully. I replied to an ad once, and the lady that listed the item replied to me using her personal e-mail address. The address on craigslist is a craigslist address that forwards the message to the lister's personal e-mail address. Good luck and what a nice thing to do!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• you can also post in the same section RE: (insert title that the lady used) and let her know to check her email for a message from you because sometimes they end up in the spam folder.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• That really was so kind of you. If only there were more people who were so generous.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 10:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I agree with casperskitty!
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 11:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yup. craigslist then sends her out an e-mail to her personal address and she can then reply back to your response.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2009