I have a six month old, and he was diagnosed with an ear infection...

My question is for the last 48 hours he has been non-stop crying for about two hours straight, could it be more than an ear infection? With my three year old he never gave me any problems so I don't know, but I do know that children are different. Thank you

Aimee2

Asked by Aimee2 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids get them and they are horrible. Give him tylenol for the pain and have him sleep either in his car seat or a baby swing so he is upright. If it still isnt better after a day or 2 I would see about another antibiotic and they can prescribe pain relief ear drops too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Is it possible that he could be teething at the same time? My son went through ear infection and teething and I could hardly get him to calm down not to mention very stinky diarrhea diaper after another. But a couple days of the antibiotics, motrin & teething tablets he was in much better spirits.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009