is it normal for ....

my jaw to hurt when my wisdom teeth are coming in? i have one wisdom tooth coming in and my whole jaw hurts, it hurts to open my mouth, it hurts to swallow, its also not coming in along where my other teeth are its more coming from the very back towards all my other teeth. i cant get to a dentist till wednesday, but i wanted to know if it was normal or if i should maybe take a trip to the er to make sure theres no infection.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Health

• That's normal, it's because your wisdom teeth are pushing against your other teeth. I had that happen and went to the dentist and I had to have all 4 of mine cut out. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you're going to the dentist on Wednesday.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• thank you i was getting worried, cause my whole jaw was hurting and i didnt know. so thank you
    Anonymous

• Unless you notice your gums are REALLY swollen, or maybe have some pus coming out where the tooth is coming in, I really wouldn't worry. It's normal for wisdom teeth to be painful, and to even make your whole jaw hurt. My guess is yours are impacted like mine were. Good luck!! The surgery to take them out is pretty simple and easy, so don't worry about that either!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• nothing seems swollen, there a little red right where the tooth is at but thats about it. so, and im glad the surgery is simple and easy, i was worried about that and how long it would take to recover from it like the pain and everything.
    Anonymous

• If it's your whole jaw, the teeth may be impacted and need to come out, call your dentist.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• its the whole right side, where the tooth is coming in. and i did call the dentist, but i cant get in until wednesday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Well, I didn't have trouble with pain after the surgery. The doctor gave me pain pills for a month, but I only used them here and there for about a week. I had sex with DH the next day if that tells you anything!! LOL You just can't suck on things for about a week. Like candy, straws, anything like that, and probably be eating only soft foods for about a week too. Stock up on yogurt, potatoes (for mashed potatoes), jello, pudding, anything soft and easy that you like. But other than that it really wasn't bad at all for me.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• well that sounds good. i had a tooth break while i was pregnant with my dd and never got it fixed it got infected and the dentist gave me vikes that was like almost 6 months ago and i still have them. hahha, i hate taking pain pills. i was worried about if i had to have my husband take a day or two off of work so i can recover and pain pills make me loopy so i was worried about trying to take care of her all loopy. lol. crazy, but you definately made me feel a little more comfortable with it ...so thanks.
    Anonymous