breastfeeding mommies!

Well i lose weight if i breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont know if its the same for all girls.It made me lose it fast.
    Anonymous

• I didnt, but most people do. Good for you for choosing to breastfeed!!

breastfeeding

HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Well he is three months old but i want to start again because i have that option, i had to stop when he was a week old. do you think it will help me lose after all this time?
    Anonymous

• I am not loosing as quickly as I was expecting to, but I also eat a ton so if I modified that I would prob. start loosing more. I have 10 lbs to go to get to pre-pregnancy and I gained 50lbs, so I would say it def. helps. I think everyones body is different.
    lesliebabl

Answer by lesliebabl at 10:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I know it usually helps drop some weight quickly in the beginning, post-partum period. I think in the long run, it actually causes you to hand on to a few pounds, at least this has been the case with me (I finally lose those last hold-out pounds after weaning) and for most of the women I know personally.

But hello! Are you seriously trying to decide to bf or not based on this? There are far more important reasons to breastfeed!

If this makes you want to do it, ok: you burn on average 300 calories/day breastfeeding. Same as the stairmaster.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Sorry, my post was assuming the original poster and the anon 10:46 are the same person. Please disregard the second paragraph if this is not true.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• This is a fun topic because everyone I talk to it was different for them. Some lost weight at first, but held on to the last 10lbs., some swear by it to lose the baby weight. I found that the younger they were the more breastfeeding helped. For me I was at pre-pregnancy weight less than two weeks after birth! Now I'm 6lbs. less than when I got married!
    Another thing that differs is how long after giving birth a woman starts her period. Some women don't get one as long as they're breastfeeding!
    CarrieChavez

Answer by CarrieChavez at 12:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009