Is it unusual not to have dilated at all by now?

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days I haven't dialated at all and I am not sure that she has dropped yet. I hate just sitting around wait for her to get here. This is my first pregnancy and I was wondering if it was strange to feel no difference whatsoever? Does this mean shes going to be late?

Christie47

Asked by Christie47 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Really, there's just no way to know!! You could not be dialated at all one day and then a couple days later, you're in labor. Everyone reacts differently, so I hate to say it but you're just going to have to wait and see!! LOL And, dialating early doesn't mean you'll go into labor early. I was dialated to a 3 for a month and I was induced at 10 days past due. Good luck momma!! And hang in there!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• First babys are almost always "late."

I wasn't dialated when I was 38 weeks and I was barely dialated before I went into real labor. I went into labor and in 24 hours went from 1cm to 10cm. I was 5 days over-due. Everyone is different.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It's fiiiiine. Dilation means nothing in terms of when you'll go into labor. Keep saying it to yourself "Dilation means nothing". Some women completely closed and tight at the onset of early labor, while other mommas make it to 5 or more weeks before labor begins. It really is the most pointless marker of "progress".
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009