baby kick

i am 25 weeks 5 days and today i haven't felt my baby kick or move could some be wrong.. please give an reponse

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Drink something with a lot of caffeine in it (pop, tea, eat a candy bar, etc.) and then wait a little bit, if the baby still isn't moving, call your OB. I had a scare once, I hadn't felt DD all day, I drank a huge glass of my mom's tea (that I gave up while pregnant) and she was going nuts within a half hour!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Dont worry. I didnt feel my baby kick until I was almost 27 weeks. Its different for everybody.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My son didnt move ONCE during the whole pregnancy, now hes 2 and he cant sit still for 2 seconds, lol!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Some mothers cannot start counting kicks (as a method of determining fetal wellbeing) until 28 weeks because the baby simply isn't large enough to consistently kick in spots that you will feel. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you go for a while without feeling ANYTHING at all, I would call your doctor. Since it is the weekend, the best thing that you could do if you were very worried is to go to the hospital. You are far enough along that they would send you directly to L&D for an ultrasound or to use the fetal doppler. Not feeling your baby move at all for a very long period of time is considered an emergency. Usually, the baby is just sleeping while you're moving and then moving while you're sleeping.

I personally would not recommend exposing a baby to a large amount of caffeine as a stimulus. I used to do that and was happy when my son kicked like a mad man but when I had caffeine (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• (cont.) and breastfed him after he was born, he got hyper (and it was so familiar to the way he moved inside of me) only he was upset. I realised that the caffeine probably had irritated him in the womb as well. They're so tiny, they can't handle harsh stimulants like we can. Drinking a glass of juice or milk and waiting 30 minutes, relaxing and concentrating on feeling your baby can serve the same purpose.

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• NovemberLove, I wasn't saying to do it all the time. I gave up ALL caffeine when I got pregnant, tea, pop, chocolate. I had the same situation once when I was around 35 weeks, and I called my doc and that's what she told me to do. Since I didn't normally have any caffeine while I was pregnant, drinking a glass with some in it made her start moving. But, yes, like you said, juice can do the same thing, because of the natural sugars in it. It's really more anything with sugar in it rather than caffeine. I should have said sugar!! But OP, NovemberLove had all really great points!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I had the same problem and they told me to drink ice water. I would go in and have them make sure everything is okay, which I am sure it is, but I say it is better to be safe then sorry.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2009