**TMI** but I don't want to be in trouble....

Well, I have an odor, down there, and it's not pleasant, almost like a musky fishy smell(ggrroosssss i know. eek!). When I shower, it goes away quickly but will come back at the end of the day. I'm about four months pregnant. I don't want there to be something seriously wrong. I switched doctors, and don't see the new one for almost two weeks. Any ideas on how to get rid of it, or what it might be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its not an emergency related thing - you could call them and tell them that your pregnant && they might give you something.... not wanting to affect the pregnancy if it is infection.... just tell them you wont see a doctor for over two weeks.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• it might be an infection - just a vaginal infection - if you google it, one of the symptoms is a "fishy" smell - even if you wash and wash, it still smells like it. - either that or just the discharge......
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• sounds like bacterial vaginosis which is just an unbalence of ph i got it when I was prego just had the smell but no other symptoms and then I got it again after I had my baby and then haven't had it since, generally a doctor can pick up the smell at a papsmear appointment and they just give you a perscription for some gel to put in yourself for a few days.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 10:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• any at home remedies? i dont want my boyfriend to notice it. hell think im cheating on him. cuz hes paranoid like that....
    Anonymous

• I agree with aameliaz - it sounds like bacterial vaginosis. I am a nurse, and I remember learning that it has a "fishy" odor. It is a bacterial infection, and you should talk to your doctor to have it treated. You don't want to allow any infections to continue, especially during pregnancy and before/during birth.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• no, there are no remedies, no matter what you do.... the smell will be there if its an infection... you cant use a douche either cause your pregnant - So tell him to grow up lol... its not all about him.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• OP - bacterial vaginosis is not an STD, so no guilt! It is just something that happens. We all have lots of organisms living in us, like bacteria and yeast. They compete with each other for nutrients, and when they get out of balance you get one that over-proliferates. I had a doctor look at me with disgust when I had that many years ago, and I was so mad to find out it wasn't even an STD. I have avoided male doctors for OB/GYN stuff since then.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• can i go to the ER? will they give me something for it? i dont want to walk around for two weeks stinking....
    Anonymous