My son broke my heart

So we went to this church for the first time tonight and I dropped my nine month old son off in the daycare (for the first time which was hard enough). When I came back in to get him he was playing with his toys and had no cares in the world until he saw me, he started bawling!!! And my son does not cry very often. Also when he falls or accidently hurts himself I scoop him up and try to make things better and he just pushes me away. I am starting to feel that my son does not want me and it makes me very sad-please tell me this is a phase thanks ladies.

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 11:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At nine months, his bawling when he saw you was probably that he forgot how much he missed you until JUST RIGHT THEN! This used to happen all the time when I worked 3 days a week and my husband was home with our daughter. She'd be totally fine, no visible signs whatsoever of missing me, and then as soon as I walked in the door she would burst in to tears. The tears wouldn't stop until I had her on the breast again. She was always more fussy with me. But once she became a toddler and could express what she wanted, it was always me.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• your son is learning to be independant..don't take it to hard mom, it is normal
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• For one you are feeling very emotional and two as far as the daycare he was just happy to see his mommy she was gone all this time and finally you are there. As far as his booboo's goes try not to be so quick on picking him up let him realize that mommy won't always be there. I know you mean well (I am the same way) but I have to do this or some how the boys tend to be to clingy with the moms. Like my son who is 7 yrs. now we like to cuddle when no one is around but when some one is around and I try to hold him he'll say...not right now mommy...I just smile and say you better not forget. I told him I promise not to embarrass him with his friends so we have a deal it is so cute. So mommy sometimes you just have to let go alittle at a time. GL He will always love his mommy no matter what :)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• That baby loves you no matter what! I have a 9 monthold and she cried when I picked her up a couple times when my mom was watching her because she realized I hadn't been there. It made me sad too, but I knew that's what it was. And on the scooping him up thing when he falls or bumps, that's just him trying to tell you he's okay. At times he may want you to let him go so he can try again.
    He'll always love his mommy.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009