granny underwear??

is it true your suppose to wear underwear like granny type to help support your belly after giving birth??if not then what type should you wear??i mean dont get me wrong granny undies are like a eww,but then again i dont want a saggy belly either..so if its helps then im willing to wear them..if not plz let me know,lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait till you give birth and start bleeding... and bleeding... believe me, you won't care what underwear you'll be wearing. I had a c-section, that's why I had to wear maternity granny underwear (everything else hit right at the incision and irritated it). But you will have to wear huge pads for awhile, thongs aren't the best support for that. For tightening the tummy, though, I don't see why the underwear would have anything to do with it. It's about exercise.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• They make special maternity underwear which are kind of worse than granny panties. They are supposed to help support your belly while it is readjusting to not having a baby in it. They come up very high and a thicker than normal undies but they are supposed to help a great deal. Im dreading the thought of wearing them too but anything to get my old belly back!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i wore the booty short underwear thingies until i stopped bleeding but it didnt cover my belly to help it and im now wearing thongs.. but my belly is back to normal. its been 5 weeks.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• All I can say is I wore granny underwear for several weeks after my son was born. I bled the whole 6 weeks, and the first week or two can be really heavy. The pads are so huge, and I found the "granny panties" held them better and were alot more comfortable. Plus you don't care if they get ruined. The hospital will in fact give you disposable mesh panties to wear for the first couple of days. As ugly as they are, they are wonderful because you can just throw them away. Trust me, at that point you won't even care!
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 4:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2009