When you answer a question to you read the whole thing or just skim through it?

I have asked several questions where it is obvious some people didn't read it before they put an answer. A few times people ask for information that I had already put in the original question. If I come acrossed a long question and don't feel like reading it all I move on and don't add an answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Me too. I either read it and answer or don't read it and move on.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The long questions annoy me for some reason. There are only 900 and some odd characters for a reason :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i read everything. what is the point in anwsering when you dont know the whole question? if it is too long for me to want to read the whole thing then i will skip it.
    abygalesmom

Answer by abygalesmom at 11:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I read it all because I find it interesting and don't want to ask a question that was answered in te OP's question already.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i usally do... sometimes i read the question and not the little print under it, then i have to go back and re answer :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I read the whole thing so as to try to not make an idiot out of myself lol.

Some people are only looking for drama or to be opinionated or confrontational about everything. They read part of your question, find a sentence they don't like and pounce. That's why I ask very few questions on here. I'd rather just google what I need to know lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes I read through it bc like GiGi said I find them interesting. If I am not in the mood for a long question then I will just skip over it. I don't like looking like a fool either by asking something they already explained!
    I agree w/ novermberlove though, I think a lot of times someone will read one sentence they didn't like, jump to a conclusion and attack OP for it.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 11:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I read the entire question, and before i respond with a q, I re-read to make sure I didn't miss anything. It gets on my nerves when I explain something and then someone asks me a question that I had the answer posted in my original Q. Why bother answer the question if you don't even read it? lol
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2009