How often should you call a company that you've applied to?

I've been putting in job applications like crazy for the last couple of months, but I'm unsure if I should call and check up on my application.

I've been applying to fast food, hotel housekeeping, retail.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'd check back every week till you find a job. If you show them you really want the job, they may take that into account if they have to decide between you and one other person.
    My hubby got a job that way. He went in every single week. The man told him no, they weren't hiring every time. Hubby said, "Look, there's nothing wrong with me, I'm going to come in here every week till you hire me! So get used to my face!"
    He had the job within 3 weeks after telling the guy that. The man told him that once an opening popped up, his face popped into view and he couldn't wait to contact him.
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 12:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would call every week until I get an answer. Good Luck.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009