double strollers?

Does anyone have the side-by-side kind of tandem stroller? My girls are only 15 months apart, so it really sounds nice to have them next to one another so they can interact. But I've heard these are a pain to get through doorways. Does anyone have one and like it? Anyone have one and hate it? The other one we're considering is the Baby Trend Sit n Stand, but honestly I'm not sure how my toddler will do facing me.

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 11:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• the side by side stroller was horrible for me and I had to have someone go with me to stores to open the doors for me to fit in the store!!! It was a nightmare, seriously. So I bought the sit and stand, pricey but it is wonderful and easy to turn & steer. I have a 5 yr and a 2 yr and they can switch seats when ever they feel the need or both sit in the back with the bags up front. I recomend it to any mommy because it is great! You should look in to one for your girls, they would love to stand and sit while you are pushing the stroller. Good Luck!
    trublu20

Answer by trublu20 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my mom hated the side by side (twins)-- her and my dad used 2 seperate singe ones instead
    armywife7885

Answer by armywife7885 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I hated the tandem (front and back) stroller, but LOVED the side-by-side. The tandem will work better for stores and such....but a side by side jogger for when you're out walking is SO much nicer!!

As the boys got bigger and heavier, the tandem was much harder to steer and top "pop" over curbs and such.

If I had to buy another stroller, I'd only buy joggers. The bigger wheels make it so much easier to go anywhere. I have a single jogger, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i have two kids one who is 3 and one who is about to be five months old. i bought the SITNSTAND stroller and i love it! the kids are close enough where if she wants to sit on her knees and look at the baby she can. or if she wants to stand up she can. it is VERY easy to manuver and handle with. plus you can use just about ANY carseat combo. it also turns into a regular seat for when the babys a bit older and can sit on its own- i recomend this to ANYONE! i got my offline at walmart.com for 106 and some change, this included tax and delivery fees.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I just bought this new sit and stand yesterday for my kids....and I have a baby on the way. We spent FOREVER at the store and had went there originally for a Joovy Caboose, but was not that impressed.

Here is the link.

Baby Trend Skylar

You can use two seats or make it into a sit and stand. There are no reviews for this particular model because I believe it's a newer style or color. The people at the store said they just got it in. You can look at the other similar Baby Trend's on Amazon too.

I was also very Happy with my Peg Perego double a few years ago, but that is VERY expensive.

J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 10:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009