Anyone have a good relationship with teen son?

I seem to have a great relationship with both my sons, ages 19 and 14. I'm just wondering if moms and sons have an easier time with relationships than moms and daughters. My daughter is only eleven and I love her dearly but we don't get along nearly as good as my sons and I. Anyone else find this to be the case?

nannabart

Asked by nannabart at 11:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I have one of each - my ds is 16 and my dd will be 15 next month. While overall I have really good relationship with my kids, my ds is "harder" now, though honestly, a lot of that is because my dh has been deployed a lot recently and we're getting ready to move to Japan from the States, and he doesn't want to leave his gf.

Things with our dd aren't as hard right now, but when she was at that "tween" age, as much as I love her, there are days I truly thought her head was going to spin around and she was going to spew pea soup all over the place! A friend of mine whose dd was the age mine is now told me her dd was the same way at the same age.

She said it was because their hormones have started to rage, and they do start to pms, even if they haven't started their period yet and don't for a few yrs, so they're all out of whack. lol - they seem to outgrow it at about 13 or 14...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My son is an almost teen, he will be 13 in July and we have a pretty good relationship. It has it's ups and downs but we do good. It has been the two of us for his entire life and we count on each other a lot. I do think that moms and sons have an easier time with relationships than moms a and daughters. I am only going on experience with my own mom.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2009