Anyone have an idea for getting pet hair out of the carpet?

My daughter has a cat and it sheds something awful. My vaccum just can't seem to keep up, it isn't getting the hair out of the carpet. I tried using a pet brush and going over the carpet but what a lot of work for little results. LOL

nannabart

Asked by nannabart at 11:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pets

• Brush the cat daily for starters. I have seen these huge lint rollers but that might take a while. For long term maintainance I have a Dysen Animal vacuum and it works for my 3 cats. I have heard I Bissell has one and Eureka has one also.
    There is also the As Seen On TV Petvac that vacuums floors and pets!
    https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/petvacgrooming/?cid=496352
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i use a broom. it works for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I tried that too. It didn't really work. She has real long hair and they just seem to weave their way into the carpet.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 12:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i use a broom also and my dogs have long fur and the other has short thick fur and it gets most of it up but not all. I use quick short strokes
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Honestly it sucked but my old roomate had a dog that shed at least two cats worth of hair twice a year...and she would take an old hair brush and on her hands and knees brush up the hair and then throw those balls/clumps away - then vacuum the rest up...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Try turning your broom up on it's side and using the quick, short strokes like Kennadismom said. I have a very long haired dog and she has to be brushed daily. I use the wire bristled brush. You'll be amazed how much hair you'll get out!
    katydid1955

Answer by katydid1955 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009