• In the Spotlight:

How do you get excersize without going to a gym?

I am trying to get more fit but I hate to do normal excersizes. I live out in the country so going to a gym is out and I feel silly doing a workout at home. Just wondering what others do to get fit besides a normal workout.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Going for walks. House cleaning (one hour of active house cleaning burns 200 calories). Wii Fit is supposed to be cool (although I don't have one). Bouncing on an aerobic trampoline is good (you can get a small, indoor one and they're not expensive). 5 minutes of bouncing is equivalent to 15 minutes of jogging.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• NovemberLove took all of my recommendations!!! I do have a Wii Fit though and it is a blast!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Jog 30 minutes to an hour. Have to use my I-Pod and GPS to keep motivated.
    funpolice

Answer by funpolice at 11:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Definitely Agree with the rebounder (trampoline). Wii fit is fun. I am completely hooked on Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. It doesn't feel at all silly walking in place at home. Now I will do it with my husband just sitting there watching. I'll do it with my mom (who has fibromyalgia and has been using a walker to get around). She gets so excited about walking a mile -- it is awesome. I've pretty much worked up to about 4 miles a day. Lots of arm movement too.
    pianonightstars

Answer by pianonightstars at 12:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I do take walks, but I live in wisconsin and its been frigid lol, so looking for more ideas. I didn't know house cleaning burned so many calories-thanks for the info. I want to get a wii fit myself too but haven't yet so besides being a blast does it help get you fit?
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 12:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Exercise On Demand. If you have cable, click On Demand, and On Demand Exercise TV. There's lots of workouts you can do in your living room.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I have a room dedicated to working out in. I have a total gym and an ab lounge. I set up a tv with cable in that room so that my daughter and I will go in there and watch music videos and work out together and talk and just have fun with it, by having fun with our work out it is not like exercise and it gives us time to just be silly with each other. We also have three dogs and we will take our dogs for walks and that is a work out alone, our dogs are big and are so excited about going for a walk that we really have to restrain them during the whole walk or we will run with them because the love to run.
    glwilde

Answer by glwilde at 1:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I wish I had a room I could dedicate to that but I don't. My daughter would love to excersize with me but she is school, and has after school activities. Weekends she is either at her dads or having friends over. LOL but thanks for the suggestion it would be great if I could have the room and the time with my daughter.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 1:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2009