Have you tried EHarmony

I just signed up for it and am almost to open communication with two guys. I was just wondering when you think I should tell them that I have kids? After the first date or before? I am scared of telling them right away b/c I don't want to scare them off or give them the wrong impression. My kids are 9 years apart and they have 2 different fathers. I am not a ho and I was in a relationship with both but they didn't work out. My youngest is under a year. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell them right away and that way your upfront and honest and they won't feel like you hid that part of yourself from them. Your a mother and you should be proud of your children. If you want to date a man than he should be ok with that part of your life. Trust me that if he is a man that would think badly of you for haven't two different fathers that won't change because you tell him later. Be upfront and honest and proud of your kids. Good luck.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 12:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• For e-harmony and most dating websites, the questionnaire specifically asks if you have kids. In fact e-harmony is more thorough than most. That is the point of these websites - to find out up front if you are compatible in the most fundamental of ways. If they don't already know you have kids, then you must not have filled that part in. So I think you should tell them now before you even talk on the phone. Other wise, you might be wasting your time and theirs. Plus, they might be a little bugged that you failed to mention that in the initial profile.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• If it were me, I'd tell them right up front. I wouldn't want someone who was unsure if they wanted kids, or if they didnt' want kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I couldn't imagine being so desparate that I have to find a man on a dating site.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• To the poster above - well, then I guess in my desperation, I found the man of my dreams that I could never have found any other way. Don't be so judgmental in something where you have no idea.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2009