• In the Spotlight:

So I guess none of us are participating in that Lights Out thing tonight....

Isn't it tonight from 8:30 to 9:30?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My oldest daugther and I sat in the dark and watched Kids Choice Awards. It was very cozy.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 2:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• its already 11:52 here... i had forgot... i got back from the movies around 8:15 then was trying to get the baby ready for bed and all that :(
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Oh well, I know one thing it is 8:57 here and I sure as hell am not about to be in complete darkness for an hour. Haven't these people heard of the boogelyman? lol or for that matter, I wonder how many peoples houses are being broken into while they are sitting there in the dark.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I was at a party during it, so technically I participated since my lights were out LOL
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 12:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It's 11 here, so the Hour is over. But I wasn't at home during it, so technically I participated hehe!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We make most of our own products, our own food, almost everything so normally I love this kind of stuff...but in all honesty we got ice and then 7 inches of snow today and I have spent all day praying that the power would stay ON. So I'm not about to part with it voluntarily for an hour when I still may end up losing it, sorry!
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I also wondered why we couldn't do this during daylight. Maybe that's a stupid question but it's a lot easier to kill all the lights when you won't be shutting off your kiddos nightlite and having him wake up screaming....
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It's 12:21 here. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Me too Aurora, In the daytime when a/c's are running and people are washing clothes, IDK. I really think I go the extra mile to save energy. I don't leave lights on, I turn everything off when I am gone, I recycle and reuse things that others would throw away.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my lights were out, my computer was on so we could check on the weather since it isn't a light. We burned candles and watched Cops. BTW, they caught one of AMW top ten in our city this past Friday. He killed his parents in northern GA about four years ago and the cops napped him for breaking and entering a car rental place. clapping

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2009