MY DAUGHTERS BEEN WAKING UP NIGHT AFTER NIGHT HALF ASLEEP SCREAMING AND HOLDING HER LEGS IN THE AIR, SHE DOESN'T WANT TO TOUCH ANYTHING BUT US, SHE'S SEEING THINGS AND POINTING AT THINGS BUT WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT SHE'S SAYING. SO I'M WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS GONE THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND IF THEY HAVE ANY IDEA'S WHAT IT COULD BE. I KNOW IT COULD BE NIGHTMARES BUT THE SAME THING HAPPENS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT AND SHE REACTS THE SAME WAY EVERY TIME.

I JUST WANT TO ASK AND SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS EXPERIENCE SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEFORE AND WHAT THEY HAD DONE TO TRY AND HELP OUT THE SITUATION.

JKLIEBERT2004

Asked by JKLIEBERT2004 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sisters 2 year old did that for about a week. She just stopped doing it one night. She lives in a spooky house so we joked that their were ghosts around. Is there any way you could have spooky guests in the middle of the night?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I agree with anon. My son had HUGE issues and I myself with seeing things at night. We moved needless to say and although we werent waking up to scary people we are still tramatized. When she wakes up comfort her and keep your cool when you are scared she is MORE scared. Turn the lights on and make it a cute game to make sure there is no boogymen under the bed in closet etc. Then get her a cup of water, put some cartoons or music on and hit the pillows. This should help and if not....we blessed our house and have holy water around along with an every night prayer...you would be surprised how much it helps. Also...my son has a puppy dog stuffed animal...he calls pup pup. I tell him he will bark away all the bad guys and he carries him everywhere and holds him when sleeping. Maybe get her a lovey to help her cop.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Possiblitiy its a demon. you could get your home blessed. I dont believe in ghosts ghosts are really demons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• WELL WE DID HEAR STORIES EVERY NOW AND THEN ABOUT MY FIANCE' GRANDPA BUT HE WAS NICE MAN. MY DAUGHTER IS 2 YEARS OLD SHE'S BEEN SLEEPING WITH A STUFFED PILLOW PUPPY DOG SINCE SHE WAS ABOUT 5 MTHS OLD. SHE CARRIES IT EVERYWHERE WITH HER SO I STILL THINK IT'S SOMETHING ELSE. WHEN SHE'S AWAKE SHE'S NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING AT ALL SHE TOUCHES EVERY ANIMAL. BUT EVERY NIGHT FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS SHE WAKES UP AT THE SAME TIME EVERY MORNING 3AM CRYING AND CLIMBING IN MY BED AND TRYING TO PUT HER BODY COMPLETELY ONTOP OF US SO NOTHING OF HER BODY TOUCHES THE GROUND. SHE POINTS AT THINGS. SHE TALKS BUT IT'S HARD TO UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY WHAT IS SCARING HER. SHE JUST SAYS I SCARED. I REALLY THINK IT'S NIGHTMARES BUT HOW DO YOU STOP THAT. THE ONLY WAY SHE FALLS BACK ASLEEP IS IF YOU PUT CARTOONS ON BUT YOU HAVE TO LEAVE IT ON FOR HOURS TILL SHE FALLS BACK ASLEEP. IT COULD GO ALMOST 3-4 HOURS TILL SHE FINALLY GETS OVER IT.THANKS FOR THE HELP.
    JKLIEBERT2004

Answer by JKLIEBERT2004 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• SO TONIGHT I'M GOING TO TRY THE HOLY WATER AND SEE IF THAT HELPS ALITTLE. HOPEFULLY IT DOES. THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP.
    JKLIEBERT2004

Answer by JKLIEBERT2004 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• o.k. creepy with all the religous stuff, HOLD her nurture her if shes terified protect her!
    One suggestion that helped when my neice was young was a monster spray spray bottle with an essential oils lavender or a a lemongrass....sprayying it keeps them monsters away also changes there attention to the scent.
    Also I don't really believe in feng shui either but find it does work i had my kids crib in the doorway for about a yr, a girlfreind was over and I mentioned how he wakes each night in thesse screaming fits so she suggested to move the crib he sleeps great now ( the closet has no doors soo he in there the enclosure helps him feel secure)
    these are all phases so just hang tight be supportive keep the tv off try a 30 min calming music maybe some warm milk
    take care keep us updated
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Does it happen if she sleeps in your bed or in a different house?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It could be night terrors it runs in families that have sleep walkers and sleep talkers too. Talk to your pedi if you are really concerned. It's commom ages 2-8years old. You doc might suggets a sleep study. But it really sounds like night terrors. Look it up on google or yahoo. Try to keep her schedule the same every night and don't let her eat right before bed or stay up too late. If she seems stressed talk to her about her feelings. She will grow out of it eventually. Hope I helped a little...good luck.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 4:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• let her sleep in the bed with you, for a few nights, and see if the same thing happens, better yet, you sleep in her room, did you just move into this house? and she wakes up the same time? everynight? i say let her sleep with you for awhile......that is my opinion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My daughter went through something like that when she was about that age and I think she was having night terrors
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 6:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2009