nails&hair

they say when pregnant and taking prenatal pills ur hair and nails grows more than usual...but my hair hasn't grown at all,maybe like an inch or so...and my nails are the same..could it be that its a myth or is it just that every body is different??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• every pregnancy is different...your baby might be taking all the goods lol and leaving none for you.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• lol exactly what bugsmommy1908 said! Everyone is different, I wouldn't say it's just a myth however because I've heard of it happening to people and my step mom's hair grew like crazy while she was pregnant, could be coincidence but who knows!
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My hairs grown about 5 inches in the 9 monthes and my nails look fake because there so long and so much stronger than they used to be.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i had GORGEOUS nails! but now that im back to work i had to cut them off, otherwise i'd be scratching people in their massage. ha ha too bad ;)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It is case by case. When I did hair some women would become pregnant and their hair would gro down their backs but on the 2nd prenancy their hair would fall out. Ive seen different scenarios and its just how your body reacts to the hormones going crazy.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 1:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I felt the same way. My mom says your hair is supposed to get thicker and longer faster and your nails are supposed to become stronger. I'm 19 weeks and 6 days and I am just now starting to notice my thicker hair! Every pregnancy is differant. So until I notice a huge change my volumizing spray will stay! :)
    mommyin08of09

Answer by mommyin08of09 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009