Has any one noticed or felt like your relationship is suffering from the pregnancy?

I can't tell if its all in my head. I've been on bed rest since January and in the hospital since February. My husband seems distant and stressed. I don't think he's cheating, just that the stress from the high risk pregnancy is taking its toll on us both. Not sure how to or what to do in order to help our friendship and love stay solid during this challenging time. Or if its something that will just return to normal after the birth and I'm able to return home. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Stay strong it is a very very scary thing having a high risk pregnancy and men are just wimps. That is how they handle their stress, they get really distant. Try not to take it personal, maybe talk to him tell him you love him and its ok pet his head literally lol....make him feel like a baby and his baby will be ok and so will you! GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Stay strong.. keep the communication between you guys.. don't let him distance himself.. I never had that problem.. he was so supportive.. the only time i felt bad was when i was ubber emotional or just crazy and being a bitch to him... good luck.. i would tell you to do more but idk what your able to do
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• This definately is a hard & scary time, for both of you. But keeping your relationship strong can also be a good way to cope. Remember that your husband isn't just your lover, he is also your friend. Now could be a time to cultivate that friendship in simple ways. Just having a movie night at home with popcorn is something relaxing that you can do together. Or, shop for baby stuff on Ebay, that way you are doing something constructive that you can still do on bed rest.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We just had our 4th baby in Jan and my pregnancy was horrible on our relationship it sufferd alot!! Im so glad its over and things are kinda back to normal but yes it was a very very hard 9 months!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2009