I am looking for my birthmom. I have a name, and a thumb print. Any idea where I can go with this information?

Private adoption 50 years ago. court appointed searcher could not find her (but did not have the thumbprint at the time-all but legal documents were destroyed by the state for lack of room in their files back in the 60's.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Adoption

• if you have her name I would google or white page it. The thumb print I'm not sure maybe the police station might have info on her but I don't think they did much finger printing back then unless you were arrested.
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 12:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Check out the "Adoptions Search Resourses" group. Google "search angels" in your state for help. Good luck!
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Just curious.......did the state make you pay for the court appointed searchers "services"?  rghhh.

With the info you have- a name....I'd try your local search and support groups, seek out search angels, and http://vsn.org/

adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 3:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• zabasearch has helped me to find long lost friends, hope you find her
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 1:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• most states have a state adoption registry. you register and if your parent registers also you will be matched. there are also hunderds of sites for parents looking for adopted children. i wish you much luck in your search
    tcrock02

Answer by tcrock02 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Passive Registries don't always work.

NEW YORK STATE REGISTRY
    35 matches in 9 years, of adoptees with "birth" parents, were facilitated by New York's State Registry as of 6-92, despite 2,119 adoptees and 932 "birth" parents registered, at an average cost of $275 each. New York Dept. of Social Services

Dead People cannot register.
    The Registries are not advertised.
    People may have moved out of state and are unaware of their existence.

adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 5:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2009