What is a friend for?

I am in the process of writing a book for my Education class but I am having a bit of trouble answering my own question. The subject that I choose was to talk to younger grades through my book.

Do you care to give your opionion? What is a friend for? Please vote this popular so as many people can see this and I can get a wide idea of the answers I could use. Remember please think along the lines of little kids..like 1st grade.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• A friend is someone you have fun with.
    A friend is someone that likes to do the same things as you do.
    A friend is someone you enjoy spending time with.
    A friend is someone who like you just the way you are.
    A friend is someone you can't wait to see each day and hate to leave.
    Hope these help.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 2:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• A friend is there to help you like you are to help them.
    A friend is there to tell secrets to and to trust.
    A friend is there to listen.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• A friend is there to tell you the truth when no one else will.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• well, i was gonna say that friends are like condoms. ...they protect you when things get hard. ...but that wouldnt be thinking along the lines of little kids, would it? lol

a friend is a hard thing to explain to a younger child. its not just someone that likes some of the same things you like. It's also someone who cares about your feelings and who will stand up for you if you get picked on, or who will help you clean up a craft mess even if she didnt help with the craft. A friend is someone who will lie for you, if it will keep you out of trouble, or tell the truth if it will get you the help you need. ...that's a friend.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• A friend is there for you no matter what. They tell you the truth- even when it might not be something you want to hear. A friend is someone who knows all your deep dark secrets and faults- and loves you anyway. They are there to cheer you up when you are down, they laugh with you--- not at you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Friends are there to have fun with, but it is also about honesty, respect and caring. A friend is someone who will be there for you through good times and bad times.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 2:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2009