rude neighbors

My hubby and I took my son out for a walk around our apartments like we usually do. We are really the only ones who ever go out and walk here. Well we was walking and my mom's neighbors which are mine too but live right next to her...we out smoking and talking with their little tiny puppy on a leash. My son ADORES puppies and he ran over to see it. I chased him and said loudly enough for them to hear "you have to ask to pet the puppy honey" and the guy didnt even look at us just stuck his nose in the air. My son is only 14months why were they so mean. We kept standing there for like ten minutes cause my son was so desperate to pet the puppy....still ignored us! People really bother me sometimes it is just so sad that people can be mean like that to a baby. thoughts?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ... No clue... you have bad neighbors
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• weird!
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 1:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• how cold.... brrr... good thing he's too young to take notice.
    I know people ( KIDS ) are just mean nowadays.. My littl one at the time 15 mo was walking almost trying to run tripped and fell these kids cracked up laughing... f***ing sh***heads..
    sorry keep away from em
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• it wasnt kids it was adults!!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yeah, that is pretty crappy, but I wouldn't have stayed around there so long waiting on a response...nothing like having a disappointed child because an adult wont even respond. I'm lucky to have great neighbors...good luck!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Well, like you said, you have to ask to pet a puppy and I guess you got your answer! In the future just make sure you keep it moving and sort of distract your son from the puppy or whatever so he doesn't have to stay frustrated for so long! It would have been nice if they had responded nicely, but you can not demand it. I don't mean to be mean about it, but when you think about it that is kind of rude too. So, now you know these people aren't particularly nice...so in the future I am sure you won't have any problems! As a new mom, you are really focused on your son and his needs and desires, but the rest of the world isn't always that interested. Luckily, lots of people are interested....so focus on them and have fun with your son!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2009