How long does it take to digest?

If I ate a hamburger with french fries and a cold drink (soda) to drink, How long would it take before I see it again....lol I don't necessarily look at my poop unless something doesn't seem right...lol

But seriously how long before I poopit out? I know too much info.

I just don't seem I go as often as I should :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Health

• LOL!! You do need to get out more. I guess it depends on your system. I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and it could be minutes or hours.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• lol, normal 'transit time" is 18-36 hours. =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Try using Fiber Sure (from the Metamucil people)--I have IBS, and have had chronic constipation my whole life (as a teen, I went 1x a week!! There was a lot of straining, but no pain or blood or anything. If I went 2x, that was a miracle!!)!! It really helps. I like it the best out of all the fiber concoctions out there on the market now--I use the powder--Generally, it stirs quite well, and if not, it tastes sweet, almost like cotton candy or sugar, so it's just an extra little treat!! Good Luck and msg. me, if you want. :)
    MomToYoungerSis

Answer by MomToYoungerSis at 1:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2009