Why do we as women worry about what men think of us?

No real reason for the question other then wanting to know what women thouhgt of this question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol, I used to feel that way about myself when I was 125 lbs. had a good paying job, nice clothes and had all the guys after me. After my divorce and lots of sad thing happening in my life, I just kind of stopped caring about whether or not I am looking good. I am and always be the type of person who has to wear make-up and I straighten or curl my hair when the mood strikes me. It is never to get a man to look at me. I must confess though that when I fix myself up my son is the one who does a double take and is sweet enough to tell me, "You look so pretty mom".
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I don't worry about it. I have self confidence and am not one who needed a man to feel complete. Only really insecure women care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• good question... i dunno... it's in our blood?? i guess it's just a self esteem thing..

anon.. sorry but i am not insecure, im sexy and i know it :) i see all the necks i break :)...

but it's nice to feel sexy from some else once in a while...

why do we wear make up and do our hair?? not for ourselves..not all the time... its to look and feel good but also get noticed :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am so unconfident that I don't even bother to worry about what men think about me. I just assume they will think I am fat and ugly. Sad but true.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• why do you feel like that gigi? you shouldn't... even on my worst days i still walk around like im the sh*t...lol :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• awww. i can't wait till my son can talk better and say things like that...lol... have things gotten better for you?? i hope so... u seem like such a nice/cool person :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I told everyone on Monday about the psycho friend my co-worker introduced me to over the phone. lol, that was hilarious. I'm alright girl, after a few years of choosing to be alone, you get used to it. I have had guys ask me out but I have to be very careful because my son has no male role model and that makes the picking slim.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• right... i get what your saying... well atleast your not one of those "omg i need a man or im gonna die" types... my mom was like that...blah
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Funny you say that and I was just thinking how worried I am about my 12 yr. old neice. She invited me as a friend because I'm new to it and I realized you can see their past comments. One said OMG! I am so effin' (she said the actual word) I miss you "so and so" and I will ALWAYS love you. I was like WTH? Her other status was"I am getting sooo tired of being single". LMAO, I think her mom is raising a girl who thinks she has to have a man to have an identitiy. My brother can treat her like crap sometimes and I know his GF's daughter (whom I call my neice) sees that and thinks ok, this is normal.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• oops! I forgot to mention a friend and new to Myspace.
    Gigi1969