sleeping problem

my baby is 4 month old. she sleeps in her swing and refuses to sleep in her crib. even if she does fall a sleep there she wakes up every 2 hours and with every noise in the house. my doc says to put her in a crib and let her cry. i don't believe in letting her cry. what do you think? oh and she hates to be swadeled.

DaryaK

Asked by DaryaK at 1:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WELL My SON IS ALSO 4 MONTHz OLD & WILL ONLy SLEEP WITH ME & DAD..HE HATEz 2 BE SWADDLED..& EVERyONE ALSO TELLS ME 2 PUT HIM IN HIS CRIB & LET HIM CRy HIMSELF 2 SLEEP..BUT I REFUSE..IMA FIRST TIME MOM SO I FIGURE HE WILL GO OUT OF IT..!!
    KiBURi_JRzMoMMy

Answer by KiBURi_JRzMoMMy at 1:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm a first time mom, my daughter is 10 months old. The habits of letting her sleep with me or letting her fall asleep in my arms or by me has created a huge problem for us now. She still doesn't sleep through the night. We've just started putting her down for bed and letting her cry herself to sleep. It's hard but seriously necessary. They need to know that they're alright without you there every minute of every day... and that you will return in the morning. But ulitmately what is best for me is not necessarily best for you so... follow you're heart. Just know it's more difficult when they can move.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We started putting my son in the crib for naps so he got used to it and that way if he woke up right away I wasn't dead tired and willing to give up... then when he slept well in his crib for naps he slept their at night too.
    It's normal though to wake at night... my son still does at 8 months old.
    And while I am for CIO, you baby is far too young. But you could try to soothe her if you put her down and she wakes up by patting her tummy or rubbing her head or face and see if she will go back to sleep before you pick her up again. We have to do that still sometimes with my son if he wake up when we put him down.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2009